BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brendan McKeon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 21:53:07 +-100
From the Java Accessibility list (apparently):

-- Start of forwarded text -------------------

Hi All,

The Java Accessibility API, v0.2 is now available for general review.
You can get to it by going to the Java Developer Connection (JDC) web
site (URL below).

You'll need to register and log in to the JDC site (it's free). Click on
the JFC Early Access Release link under features on the JDC index page.
This takes you to the JFC Early Access page with instructions for
downloading Swing-0.2 (the JFC Early Access Release) and Jaccess-0.2
(the Java Accessibility Kit). You will also need to run the JDK 1.1.2
environment our greater (URL below).

Please notify us of any problems you have navigating the JDC pages
or setting up your environment. We will respond directly or forward your
comments to the appropriate webmaster. We can be reached at:

JDC web site:           http://developer.javasoft.com/

JDK download site:      http://java.sun.com/products/

Team home page:         http://www.sun.com/tech/access

Team alias:             [log in to unmask]

For Sun Microsystem's Accessibility Team,

Earl

-- End of forwarded text -------------------

My first impression is that it looks very similar to Microsoft's
MSAA or AAJ. Sun's Accessible interface is pretty similar to
MS's IUIAccessible, although the Sun version includes more
information, such as fonts, cursors.

It looks as if making AAJ (Microsoft) components compatible
with JA (Sun) and vice-versa will be possible to some degree.

Any comments?

Brendan.