BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Travis Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 16:31:45 +0000
Hello everyone.
I'd like to point out that although the fcc had at one time had such a
proposal on the table, it was canned because the fcc does not want to
restrict the use of the internet as it is.  This same note (with a
different expiration date) went around the net last year, in 1996, and
also in 1995 (the first time I saw it at least)  There is a web page
devoted to this spacific letter, though I don't currently know what it is,
though my guess is, if you go to the fcc site (that at least is correct in
the message) you'll have little trouble finding it I'm sure.  In any case,
do not perpetuate this, since it's simply an old message with a new date
slapped on it, and sent around the net once again to stir up trouble.