BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chris Judd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 00:21:47 -0500
Hi all,

My name is Chris, and I am sorry if this is off topic for this list.  If so,
please tell me, and I won't post messages like this again.

I have 11 tutorials for sale.  They are on different computer topics and a
lot of people have given them a lot of positive reviews on these tutorials.

Here's the info you will need regarding pricing, and a description of the
titles.

Thanks and here they are.

Tutorials

Please feel free to distribute the following to other lists and friends you
think might be interested and have them e-mail me at

I now have eleven tutorials out!!!

Here is the pricing info and what each one covers.

Pricing:

If you buy 1, 2, or 3, tutorials, it is $8 a piece, because these tutorials
are $8 individually, but I am bundling them if people buy multiple ones, so
they don't have to pay $8 all the time.

If someone buys 4 tutorials, they only pay $28 for all four instead of $32.

If someone buys 5 tutorials, they will pay $35 instead of $40.

If someone buys 6 tutorials, they will pay $42 instead of $48

If someone buys 7 tutorials, they pay $42 instead of $56.

If someone buys 8 tutorials, they pay $48 instead of $64.

If someone buys 9 tutorials, they pay $54 instead of $72

If someone buys all 10 tutorials, they pay $60 instead of $80.

If someone buys eleven tutorials, they pay $66 instead of $88

Here is what each one covers.

eBay: How to register, search, bid, buy, sell, resolve disputes, pay for
items, etc.

PayPal: How to receive funds, send money, resolve disputes through the
resolution center, pay for items, find stores that accept PayPal, etc.

Accessible games: Shows you how to download and play football, baseball,
golf, monopoly, Life, etc.

Accessible Games Part 2: Shows you how to play Grizzly Gulch, Dissent Into
Madness, Whoop Ass and racing game. I will also cover how to download from
audiogames.net and give you some additional sites where you can go to
download games.

Accessible web sites: Covers sites that some blind people have said are hard
to navigate such as free cycle, craigslist, Pollstar.

Jobs and Employment tutorial: Shows you various sites where you can go to
search for jobs. Also demonstrates NFB job line. Shows you samples of
resumes, cover letters, follow up letters, CV's, etc. Gives you tips for
interviewing and how to make a lasting impression so you have a better
chance of getting the job. My girlfriend is a college graduate, and she
majored in Mass Communications with an emphasis in Theory and Rhetoric, got
a minor in English and got two certificates in writing. She took several job
type courses in college and several writing courses, and she helps me with
this tutorial as far as the resumes and other writing samples are concerned.

Also in this tutorial, I discuss attending a job readiness program, taking
aptitude tests, interest tests, different search options in the program,
etc.

Winamp: This tutorial will discuss the many features of the free audio
player Winamp and what you can do with it. Topics will include: key board
short cut commands, using the play list editor, using the Winamp library to
find stations, using book marks, etc.

Replay AV: This program is designed to record audio streams and radio
programs from the net and save them to your hard drive. Good for not missing
your favorite program if you're not home. Topics include: searching for
streams by category, by show name, by radio station etc. I also cover how to
repeatedly schedule programs, schedule one time only airings, etc.

Outlook express: covers the various menus of the program and how you can use
each one. Covers message rules, message receipts, folders and arranging your
e-mail, etc.

Microsoft word: Since my girlfriend has used Microsoft in college, I let her
do this tutorial since she has used it much more than I have. She covers
fonts, bulleting, underlining, bold, centering, and the different things you
can do while writing a paper, an outline, etc.

College tutorial

Discusses several strategies for your IPE, several scholarship resources,
getting involved with campus life, getting help with essays and research
papers, and other aspects of college

Methods:

I can either burn the tutorials on CD and send them out your way, or even
faster, I can just e-mail them in zip files to you and you can open the
files and hear them instantly. I will admit that I am sometimes a little
slow in getting the CD's out depending on when I get transportation to the
post office and when I can get to go. And lately many people have wanted it
on CD and I have to go buy more when that happens. If you do want the
tutorials on CD, please specify whether you wish to have mp3 CD or audio CD.

Payment:

I prefer PayPal, but will also accept check or money order.

If using pay pal, please send payments to:

Thanks