BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
RB Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 18:30:43 -0700
Our company has been researching transmitting data over the existing
radio FM bands. It occured to us that there may be some applications
which would assist people who are blind or visually impaired. It should
be possible for instance, to send information to a mobile person who
uses a screen reader or similar device.

Since we have not before worked on a project specifically for persons
who are blind, we were looking for input from more knowedgeable people.
Do you think there is any use for such technology, configured for
applications for people who are blind? What type of data would people be
interested in receiving and in what format? The types of things which
are currently being done includes pager services and remote billboard
management.

Please send any replies to [log in to unmask] as I do not normally
monitor this group.

Thanks

Roger Jones
Walk and Roll Services Inc.