BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
marvin hunkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:00:51 +1000
>From: Davin McCall <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Marvin Hunkin <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Blue J Version 2.0 Accessability Info
>Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:35:20 +1000
>
>Hi Marvin,
>
>I tried to email you earlier but the mail bounced due to your inbox being
>full. Hopefully this one will get through.
>
>I wasn't aware of your issue with not being able to navigate the folders
>list in open dialogue of BlueJ. If you sent a mail to the list it doesn't
>seem to have made it through... perhaps you forgot to mention this specific
>problem in your earlier mails?
>
>The bad news is that the open dialogue is a standard feature provided by
>the java library. It's appearance and behaviour etc. are not directly
>controlled by BlueJ so there's little we can do to solve any problems. On
>the other hand, I'm surprised that a screen-reader type program such as
>jaws is unable to navigate such a standard dialogue. Perhaps this is
>something that could be bought to the attention of the Jaws developers,
>particularly if it affects all java programs (which seems likely).
>
>Otherwise, if you can explain the problem in detail - remember I'm totally
>unfamiliar with the use of screen readers - in terms of what you try to do,
>what you expect to happen and the difference between this and what actually
>happens - then I'll see if I can figure out some sort of workaround (even
>if it means changing BlueJ in some way). I can't make any promises
>though...
>
>regards,
>Davin
>

>Marvin Hunkin wrote:
>
>>Hi.
>>have you heard from anyone about my issue of not able to navigate the
>>folders list in the open dialogue of blue j using jaws 5.0.844?
>>please let me know.
>>cheers Marvin.

Hi. if any one has used blue j java ide with jaws, then let me know the
problems you are having, and then let me know.
then forward it to the developer of this product.
Davin McCall at Deakin University.
cheers marvin.

Feeling spent? Apply here for emergency plastic surgery:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;9577691;9687279;r?http://www.promo.com.au/virgincreditcard/plasticsurgery/track.cfm?source=P08