BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bogdan Pospielovsky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:30:05 -0400
I'm not sure whether this would be sufficient, but JAWS for DOS from Henter
Joyce is available as freeware from
http://www.hj.com/SoftwareDownload/SWdnld2.html.  It was designed for
visually impaired computer users but would echo what you are typing and read
documents and menus as well.  I'm not sure if it comes with a speech
synthasizer or if you need to install a hardware solution or download one
seperately.  Good Luck.

Bogdan Pospielovsky
Marketing Manager
Betacom Corporation
An Innovator in Technology for the Elderly and Individuals with Disabilities
www.betacom.com
1-800-353-1107 (ext.: 234)