From:
Steve Matzura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2018 12:03:36 -0400
That depends a lot on what you consider accessible. I consider the GD77S
accessible because I can use its programming software and know what
channel I'm using when actually using the radio.Now,yes,I do have to
remember how each channel is programmed, so some of it does fall on my
shoulders to do, but for me, that's still accessible. If by
accessibility you mean the radio speaks everything it does, and
programming is possible from the front panel, I don't think such a
device exists yet. I can't remember whether it was Yaesu or Kenwood,but
about a year and a half ago one of those two was supposedly coming out
with a fully-functioning fully-accessible dual-band five-watt analog and
digital HT with a rather hefty price tag of about $750. I never heard
another word about it after I heard someone had an early prototype of it.