BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:55:20 -0400

I have a small collection of lovely 1920s Arts & Crafts earth-toney historic bricks salvaged from my house where we pulled some veneer off for a small addition during the rehab in 1994. I also have a larger but still relatively small collection of modern 3-hole bricks left from foundation work that differ from the originals because they were matched to earlier additions to which my addition connected.

The historic ones I am saving "just in case" I need to do any repairs because I will surely not be able to match them in the variation of color and texture they possess. The others I save because I bought them and they are left over and I am my father's son and can't throw them away.

My wife keeps grabbing my historic bricks and sticking them in the ground for her various landscaping impulses because the 3-hole ones that I would rather she use have stupid holes in them that really don't work for her little projects. I don't want my historic bricks to dissolve in the moist freeze-thaw soil contact.

So we have this little brick dance that we do where the bricks move back and forth across and between the yard and the piles.

Can I come to all y'all when we need marriage counseling over the loose bricks in my yard?

Sigh me,

Last Tango
--

“E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized City or Law Enforcement official.” -- **Please remember to trim posts, as requested in the Terms of Service** To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: <http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html>