C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sarah Haynes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 04:18:11 -0700
thank you for the vote of confidence.  I landed the best job of my hotel accounting career.  they know about my situation and that i may have to leave them, and yet still hired me.  I'm sending every penny back to support katrina.  i'm just having a hard time not sinking into that depression hole during this long wait.

Happily with a nice guilt ridden letter, the congressman is putting huge pressure on the montreal consulate, as well as got us a pro bono lawyer who filed the paperwork for us.  so its just a waiting game now.  the chances of them denying me with a war vet husband and an american born daughter with cp are small.

I do have a question for all of you though.  I worry that I'll focus too much on the cp and not enough on raising a healthy happy girl.  All I want is for her to be happy, and beleive she can acomplish anything she can.  I don't want her to think she's disabled, because she's already proven she's not.  Any tips?

Sarah