C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Hunsberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 13:28:53 -0500
Ahh, I got you.   I thought the issue had something to do with the
eggs used to make the vaccine.  The actual vaccine does not contain
any DNA from swine, it contains DNA from a _virus_ that gives swine
the flu.  It also contains DNA from a virus that gives birds the flu,
and multiple types of DNA from viruses that gives humans the flu.

I know little about what does or roes not make something Kosher, but
the name "swine flu" does not have anything to do with the origin of
the vaccine, so from that point of view I can't see that there is an
issue here.

--
Peter Hunsberger