CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Andrea R Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:54:35 -0400

I find that shopping at a normal supermarket is not so bad. I do get the
CSA and TCCSSG shopping guides! The only things i have to get from a
mail-order company or natural food store are pastas, breads,cereal and
goodies such as pretzels and cookies. There are so many foods that are
OK!

breakfast-cereal or homemade waffles(i freeze then toast in the am)or
pancakes with fruit and yogurt or a breakfast bar(ener-g has a great
granola bar or granola to put on top of yogurt/ or health valley has
rice bars that my store carries)

Lunch -sandwich on GF bread, grapes,chips,cheese cubes, baby carrots
with dip(hidden valley ranch is his favorite)

snacks- unsalted peanuts, craisins, raisins,pretzels,cookies,ice
cream,candy,fruit,sunflower seeds, rice crackers, rice cakes,trail
mix(peanuts,craisins,raisins,sunflower seeds,chocolate
chips,cereal)popsicles(dole)....

dinner- spagetti,pizza,meat/starch/veggies,salads,mexican dishes,
mcdonalds...fry chicken with cornmeal coating.........you name it! menu
direct even has frozen dinners if you dont want to make and freeze them
yourselves.

I have been doing this for 2 1/2 years -it gets easier every day!

If anyone has more suggestions or questions feel free to e-mail me
Mom to Justin (5)