CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:25:24 -0500

My son is off to "Bug Camp" at our local children's zoo next week and I need
ideas for gluten-free "spider legs."

The teacher, a wonderful woman who has taught celiac kids before and
understands their special requirements, told me that one of the most popular
projects of "Bug Camp" is when they make cookie spiders and she asked if I
could possibly send along safe substitutions for the usual ingredients. I
can make GF cookies, frosting and find candies for the decorations, but I
can't figure out what to substitute for the licorice legs, as I don't know
any GF licorice.

Anyone got an idea? a recipe?

TIA

** Please remember some posters may be WHEAT-FREE, but not GLUTEN-FREE **