CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bette Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 23:16:55 -0800

Thanks to the many people who responded to my question about a good plain
gf cracker. Here's the summary...hope I didn't miss anything. - Bette

1. Glutano crackers. Item #357 at http://www.glutenfree.com/glutano.htm

Delicious crispy crackers--the way crackers should be. The flat, rectangular
shape makes these adaptable for many uses from appetizers to sandwiches and
snacks. Ingredients: Maize starch, rice flour, soya flour, vegetable fat,
sugar, salt, thickener: guar gum, yeast, raising agent: sodium carbonate.

Price: $2.69 (5-oz. box) Egg-Free & Lactose-Free

2. Bi-Aglut crackers from Dietary Specialties. (Bi-Aglut makes the best gf
pasta I've found so far...I'm looking forward to seeing if their crackers
are as good.) One respondent reported that she's had problems with these
crackers arriving in the mail crushed.

http://www.dietspec.com

Bi-Aglut crackers are also available at

http://www.missroben.com (this site info courtesy of Beth in Missouri)

Price: $2.45 / box

3. Ener-G Foods makes a gluten free cracker that a respondent thinks is
identical to the Bi-Aglut cracker so you might want to so some price
comparisons on those. Also, my local health food store carries Ener-G
products so that might be a better choice if your parcel carrier is
especially brutal (see above).

http://www.ener-g.com

4. Two crackers available in Sweden:
(these are like icecream cones but flat)
Hammermuhle Diet AB
(only have their Swedish address:)
Box 1205
S-131 27 Strand
SWEDEN

and
(these are like cream crackers)
Nutritia Dietary Care
White Horse Business Park
Trowbridge, Wiltshire
BA14 0WQ ENGLAND

5. Wasa crackers. (No other info provided...Diane, could you maybe send us
details of where they can be found.)

Other snack suggestions people offered:

- Glutano pretzels

- Dietary specialties pretzels (I just recieved an order of these..they are
yummy)

- Cheese crackers from Bette Hagman's cookbooks. I've tried both the easy
recipe from her newer "Light and Easy" book as well as the more elaborate
recipe in one of the older books. I gotta say I like the "easy" crackers
better and they really are simple.

- The mock graham cracker recipe from Bette Hagman's bood (the second book
I think). These are great and they keep really really well.