CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dawn Masella <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Masella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:24:18 -0500

Hi:
I had a horrible incident with my son's pre-school.

His class had a Thanksgiving Feast and wanted to make food to bring home.  The teacher contacted me and I ordered some gluten-free mixes for bread and cookies.  My son came home with a beautiful box of banana bread and other treats.  He was so proud of what he made and couldn't wait to taste it.

I gave the banana bread to him.  I  assumed that the teacher gave him the gluten free bread to bring home.  Unfortunately,
it was NOT gluten free.  I don't know why she would sent him home with regular wheat flour banana bread.  Especially since I sent in the gluten free bread mix!  Of course she knows he has Celiac Disease.  I know she did not do this on purpose.  She just was "not thinking".

My son got extremely ill.  He had hives all over his face and vomited all night long.  He really suffered.

Does anyone know of a packet or have information that I can print and send to school with him  on how I can convince the teachers how serious Celiac Disease is?  I realize I can go to Celiac.com and print information from there.   But- I'm looking for something simplified.  I don't want too much information to overwhelm them.  I just want "straight to the point information."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a healthy Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you.

Dawn Masella

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *