CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 10:07:36 -0500

Dear fellow parents,

I only received a few responses to my request for GF cold products for
children; I did, however, receive several requests from parents who wanted to
know what information I was able to get.  Here's a summary:

One parent says that someone posting to the celiac discussion list in the
past has mentioned that Robitussin DM is GF.

Another parent cited that CSA/USA states that Robitussin liquid and Dimetapp
liquid are both GF.

The research that I did myself turned up the following information:

Sandoz (makers of Triaminic products) will not state that their cold products
are GF because they buy some of the flavorings, etc from other suppliers.
(By the way, it took a day and a half for them to return my call.  I left 2
voice messages).

I called Revco customer relations (1-800-777-3826) to inquire about their
brands of "Cold & Cough Elixir DM" and "Nasal Decongestant Antihistamine
Elixir."  I left my name and phone number, then 2 hours later, a
representative from the Perrigo company called back (1-800-719-9260) - and
both of these particular products are GF.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to
tell when simply looking at a Revco bottle, who the actual manufaturer is.

Hope this is helpful to those of you out there who have little ones with
coughs and colds!!

Best wishes,

Lee Collins
Griffin, GA