CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
L & O Kereopa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L & O Kereopa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:43:57 +1300

Hi Jeannie

my daughter who is now 8 years old has been gluten free for about one year. Before that she was a very collicky baby wouldn't have any solids until about one then had a number of emotional, learning and behavioural problems.She was an uncontrolable child who had bad mood swings.                                                          She has a allergy to gluten  found through a blood  test. Within one week of being gluten free we saw a difference in her behavour all the moods emtional ups and downs,bully her sibblings, problems of sleeping bloated stomach,concentration for school work. All of things settled down and eventually stopped.
 also it was stunting her growth, her sisters have been gluten free with her and they have had major changes in themsleves as well. Asmatha, skin rashes, weight problems, extreme tiredness,stunted growth,upset tummies (the list goes on) all gone since being gluten free
I would certainly say that there is a link to up and down mood and gluten. If someone had suggested this to me years ago I would have saved a lot of upset and problems of myself and my daughter. Its worth trying just for a week to see if there is a problem with gluten in the diet.

Hope this is some help

Olivia

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *