CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Laurel Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Laurel Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2009 19:30:52 -0500

Our daughter never had GI symptoms for her celiac. She was just TINY, never grew and had sores all over her body. Her bloodwork was negative, endoscopy was 'inconclusive' and only gene testing showed a single celiac gene. (Gabby's adopted...so none of us share her genes). Gabby never had diarrhea, vomiting or anything else.

Now, if she gets gluten, she occasionally vomits but usually gets explosive diarrhea. The sores went away after being gluten free for a month or so...so we figure that was dh. Every now & then Gabby can have gluten and nothing happens at all. (10 days ago this happened at a restaurant...but nothing happened to her body & we KNOW she ate gluten.)

So, yes, symptoms can/do change.

Laurel

Windows 7: It works the way you want.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009
* Please provide references to back up claims of a product being GF or not GF *