CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Donda Combs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donda Combs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2012 09:07:11 -0600

Hi and good for you for all you're doing. I can share that I was extremely
diligent about avoiding gluten when my son was diagnosed. However..much
later...up to 4 years later..I was finding out I was still "allowing"
hidden gluten into his diet!
Also, cross contamination is a likely concern (butter, mayo containers) as
well as "hidden" culprits...such as VANILLA? Seriously....some VANILLA has
GLUTEN?!?
Of course, today there is MUCH  more information online but I wanted to
share our experience to ..hopefully allow you to avoid the pitfalls we went
through!

It took my son a LONG time to build energy..also..celiac can trigger other
autoimmune issues, I'd suggest asking for a thyroid check if your child has
low energy! (learn the signs of type 1 diabetes. These 2 often go hand in
hand).
My suggestion..ask your Dr. "When would we expect my child to be symptom
fee?   If s/he is not, what would you do at that point? (tests etc..) "And
if those tests don’t provide information or an explanation what would you do
next?"
 Ask this one more time and then ask to have it all done NOW!

This process makes them SLOW down and THINK about your child and what ELSE
could be going on.
 Best of luck to you! Good job for reaching out for insight and guidance!
Your child is lucky to have you! Way to go!
Donda

Donda Combs, CAO (Chief Appreciation Officer & Appreciation Strategist)
Applied Appreciation
Leadership Training & Development

Utilizing the 5 Appreciation Languages to Strengthen Relationships and
Motivate Boomers, Gen X and Millennials
Equipping Today’s Leaders  with Techniques that Impact:  Morale   Workplace
Relationships   Team Cohesion   Employee Satisfaction    Retention
Leadership Effectiveness
www.appliedappreciation.com
Direct Line (850) 878-2937
Toll Free (800) 786-1934
Cell (850) 445-7395
Leadership Techniques that Create Employers of Choice