CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Danna Korn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:02:19 UT

Hi, all.
I've seen so many postings lately about kids "cheating," that I thought I'd
reply to the list instead of individually.  I also hope you won't think I'm a
very cruel mommy; but I have devised a method that works.

Ever since my son was diagnosed 6 years ago, (age 1 1/2), I have always
associated ANY negative feeling with the possibility that he ingested gluten.
He has a tummy ache?  Uh oh...must have gotten some gluten somewhere.  He has
a cold?  Uh oh...we better be more careful.  Headache?  Tired?  Just feeling a
little grumpy?  Uh oh...

I know for a fact that in most of those instances, he did NOT eat gluten.  But
today (age 7) you couldn't PAY him to eat gluten!  He even checks me:  "Mommy,
are you SURE this macaroni and cheese is gluten-free?  It looks just like
Kelsie's....."  (Kelsie is his little sister who eats gluten and is not CD).

He definitely has the "better safe than sorry" attitude!  Hope this doesn't
sound cruel; more importantly, I hope it works!
Take care,
Danna Korn
R.O.C.K. (Raising Our Celiac Kids)