CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Danna Korn, Raising Our Celiac Kids <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 08:58:39 -0800

Hi, list:

As you know, the First Annual Walk/Run for Celiac Disease is May 4, and
there will be events around the world to raise money for research at the
Center for Celiac Research.

On the west coast, our event will be held in (beautiful) La Jolla along
the ocean -- we're having a 1k and a 5k, and we hope to have 2,000
participants. We will also have a health fair and free celiac testing.
Bette Hagman is our guest of honor.

How can you be involved?

1. Join us! San Diego is a gorgeous place to be "stuck" in May! Flights
are cheap right now -- and if you use one of these internet specialty
companies (Priceline.com, Expedia, etc.), you can get terrific deals. We
already have walkers/runners from Idaho, Washington, Oregon, and beyond.

2. Send a donation of any amount.

3. Be a sponsor. I'm still looking for a company (or individual) to
sponsor medals for the kids. For $700, you or your company can be the
medal sponsor.

4. Get pledges. I have a pledge sheet I can send you so that you can
canvass your neighborhood or school and ask for donations for this
terrific cause. Just ask me for a pledge sheet.

Get your kids involved! This is for and about THEM, and they'll feel
good knowing they're doing something to help other celiacs. For more
information, you can go to www.a-thon.com or e-mail me at
[log in to unmask] -- or call me at (858) 395-5421. Donations are
tax-deductible, and going to a great cause.

Thank you SO much.

Warmly,
Danna Korn

Founder, Raising Our Celiac Kids (R.O.C.K.)
www.celiackids.com=20
Author: Kids with Celiac Disease: A Family Guide to Raising Happy,
Healthy Gluten-Free Children
Author: Wheat-Free, Worry-Free: The art of happy, healthy gluten-free