CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laura Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 09:54:28 -0500

Thanks to the many responses to my question on confirmed GF hot dogs.
Below is a summary of the responses:

Ball park Beef Hot Dogs (11 responses - someone with soy allergies said
these were fine)

Hebrew National (8 responses - but has soy so be careful if soy
allergies)

Oscar Meyer (10 responses)

Boars Head

Wellshire Farms

Frybies hot dogs

Applegate farms

Sabretts Best Brand/Bests Kosher

Shelton's Chicken or Turkey Franks

Bar S Hot Dogs

Top Dogs

Empire turkey and chicken franks

Some possible suggestions to his reaction other than the hot dog;

Possible soy allergy

Possible reaction to Ketchup (i.e. vinegar, etc.)

Possible issue with high fat foods when new to GF diet (had reactions HN
as well)

My conclusion - I am going to take out soy from his diet (get the Ball
Park franks) and see if there is any different reaction. He was not
vomiting or having severe diarrhea.just looked a little softer than
usual. He has only been diagnosed for 6 weeks so I am very 'Type A'
about his bowel movements. He has a pretty lowfat diet (only fat from
dairy) so think this may be an issue as well. Thanks again for your
help..it is appreciated!

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *