CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laura Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Horvath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 02:14:15 -0500

Happy New Year everyone!

Quick question on stonyfield yogurt (makers of Yo-baby yogurt that my son
LOVED before being diagnosed)....I went to their website and they say the
following:

"Does your yogurt contain gluten?
Though we don’t add gluten, there is an immeasurable amount of gluten in
our yogurt, which comes from the processing of the fruit and flavors with
a grain alcohol. The only flavors we can be absolutely certain have no
traces of gluten are our nonfat, lowfat and whole milk plain yogurts."

...so, to this point, we have not had any since there is a chance, even a
slight one, that it may contain gluten...I was just looking to get some
opinions on this...

I am particularly concerned about this since I believe (I am still new to
this so could be wrong) most if not all flavors are produced with some
sort of alcohol...I always call the manufacturer if they list 'flavorings'
and have yet to find one that says that the flavorings include gluten...

Not sure if I need an education on this or they do...please forward any
comments and I will summarize.

Cheers!

Laura

* Support summarization of posts, reply to the SENDER not the CEL-KIDS List *