CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
The Morans
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 15:32:50 -0500

I was so surprised to read of so many speech developmental problems
within CD children. My 5 year old is currently having speech therapy and
we have noticed that whenever he has a small amount of gluten, his
speech deteriorates terribly. We are of course careful for him not to
eat gluten but sometimes it is just impossible. I really feel that more
studies into speech development and CD would be beneficial to parents
like us who are trying to discover the consequences of this disease.

Would anyone on the net have any ideas of where such studies are atking
place or even, if studies have already been completed.

I would like to hear from anyone with similar speech/CD problems such as
ours. It would be helpful to find out how best to deal with these
problems.

Thank goodness for the net, I thought that my child was the only child
with speech problems related to CD. Please give me all the advise you
can.

Kind regards,

Michele Moran
Reston, Virginia, USA