CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lise Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Celiac-Diabetes Support List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:19:37 -0500

Hi,
I am a Mom with both diets (GF, Type1). I function well at home.
I take the HUMALOG quick insulin at meals, which saves me the burden
of snacking (burden because I was not always hungry nor at the right
place, ex.grocery shopping).  My household goes through fruit
like it was water!

I recently went to two weddings. In each case I detailed what I can eat.
I went hungry at both weddings. And these were BIG weddings,
tons of food! The second event had croutons on the salad, so the waiter
went back to the kitchen, came back with a GF salad.
Then at the end of the meal I got a piece of cake like everybody else!
Now I’m thinking, what is the use of letting chefs know
2 months ahead of time that I am going. I was quite discouraged and
hungry!(Now both couples getting married understand my diet and did the
effort for me).

Question: I recently participated at a bikeothon, and realized
that since Im on Humalog I have not gone on really long bike rides.
I cut the breakfast insulin dose in half, then skipped the lunch
dose. Woooooo. Bad move! It was a 25km ride, which ended 45 min. after
I ate my early lunch(10:45). Advice anyone?

Thanks,
Lise

Like I said I do well at home!
Lise

* Please provide references to back up claims of a product being appropiate *