CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:31:48 -0500

Hi.  I'm a mother of three celiacs and we have been following gluten-free
diet for about 5 years.  This year we have an exchange student living with
us who hasa both celiac and diabetes.  I signed onto this list to learn more
about managing both conditions.  But since my initial confirmation
information arrived, I have not gotten any postings.  I used to get 20 or 30
messages a day from the other list.  Is this usual?  If anybody has
advice/recipes/resources for someone new to managing diabetes, I'd
appreciate hearing from you.  Our main concern has been that at home Isabel
had her sugar levels well under control.. since living with us she very
often has high sugar levels in the morning.  I'm wondering if I need to feed
her differently, although she doesn't feel her diet here has varied much
from the way she ate at home.  TIA, Lynn