CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
J. Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:01:28 -0300

My  daughter is 11 and has both diabetes and celiac disease. We do carb
counting as well. She was always brittle and did the intensive insulin
therapy and still had some troubles but she now uses the pump, so we are
able to control much better and are far more successful most of the time.

As to carb counting, that is our biggest complaint as we feel the gluten
free food does not absorb as well as the regular and it can still cause
us some off sugars.But we test more often and so can correct that sooner
than before.  We wish you the best and keep in touch.

Jana mom and willing partner to Patricia 11