CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jana Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 08:30:43 -0400

Hi

My 12 yr old had both medical problems and we did exchanges before but now
do carb counting. Carb counting actually works better as foods can fool you
about what is inside them per serving size.

I hope you have the best helps as it takes awhile to learn. I am in Canada.

A great book I use is

"The Doctor's Pocket Calorie Fat & Carbohydrate Counter Book" ISBN 1-
930448-01-5 2001 edition They have a newer one for 2002.

One web site to locate this is
http://www.calorieking.com

It is a small book, cheap cost and very helpful.It even includes counts for
eating out in restaurants.