CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Franklin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Celiac-Diabetes Support List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:41:17 -0700

Hi.  I just attended a daylong seminar on preventing diabetes.  They say
getting exercise is more beneficial than losing weight.  At least 1/2 hour a
day, I had read a research article earlier that said 5.5 hours a week was
the magical number. That's fast walking.  And a lot more than most people
do. Since you're so far away, I doubt that you can help, unless he wants to
help himself.  You might try getting him on some probiotics, as if he has a
load of yeast in his gut, he will be too hungry to be able to stay on a
diet, trust me.  Helen in ID

-