CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jerri Clapper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 21:28:53 EST

I realize this is a little late but I have also had to start eating about 6
much smaller meals, and/or about every 3 hours.  I at least have to keep some
protein in my stomach or I'm in big trouble.  Over the past 2 years I have
gone from a size 16 to less than a size 12 and with the 14 down in the past
year - without trying.  This recently landing me in the hospital for a week
and out of work on disability for the next 2 months.

In watching pbs shows and other nutritional related shows (not sales type),
the 6 small meals is the way we're supposed to be eating anyway.  I have
found that forcing myself to at least eat 2 pieces of cheese, or something of
substance whether I'm hungry or not, has done great.  Weight is coming back,
things have "solidified", and I don't get nauseous (sp).  Either way it's
working.

Jerri