CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cathy Pfannenstiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 08:21:49 -0600

My soon to be 10 year old daughter takes Hormel ham or smokey turkey to
school lunches.  They are tiny circled slices (probably made to go with
crackers - but of course we don't send crackers!) Anyway, we send
several of those and cheddar cheese slices.

Then maybe a bag of cheetos or fritos or munchos.  Sometimes an apple or
gluten free peanut butter cookie or gluten free animal cookies.  Once in
a while she takes the Tostitos Cheese Snack Kit, which I saw in CSA/USA
blue book is okay.  It's 220 calories and with milk and a dessert, she
is full.  Also made rice krispie bars from gluten free corn flakes I got
at our little health food store (think they're Pamela's - but can't
remember for sure).  They are really good.  I have faith that slowly
gluten free things I make will start getting better!  She just has to do
a shot at lunch that is slightly larger when she eats a lunch that has
more sugar so that her blood sugars aren't so high in the afternoon.
Hope that helps.  I know she'll eventually get tired of the "routine"
and I'll be searching for more options for lunch too.  Good luck!

Cathy