CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jana Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:13:46 -0400

Dear Ginny

First I hope you have someone close by to hug.I am sending you as warm hug
to show you that you are special and are so appreciated.

As to all your questions...I am not a professor or doctor but there are some
answers.

First your thyroid will give you so much more troubles  when out of control.
You need to get that paid attention too fast and get on whatever medicine
you need to help. My oldest  daughter was so ill with that until they
finally got her on smythroid  ?? and it in a decent range.

As to sugar sources, we do not like aspartame and all it's side effects. I
am now experimenting with STEVIA, A form of sugar that does not affect blood
sugars and does not have aspartame or other deadly forms of chemicals in it.
I will list here some web soites for you to explore and see what stevia is
all about. They even have recipes on some sites to help us out.I am working
on doing gluten free diabetic recipes with stevia for our Canadian company
of Stevia as we believe in it and we were on National  TV for hoping to
educate others on it last month.
http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_08_b50.htm
http://www.cookingwithstevia.com/
http://www.steviacanada.com/
http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/files/food/stevia/index.html
http://www.stevia.net/
http://www.steviaplant.com/
http://www.ctvnews.com/
Click under health and we are there in ashort film click on speaking for
stevia in Canada.

and another site on yoga and diabetes..just something I saw today.

You can buy fruits in pear juice that you do carb counting to cover the
amount of insulin needed.Or eat fresh fruits alot more. Many things I cook
now for all of us I use unsweetened apple sauce in place of cooking oils. I
use stevia if needed to sweeten. Go look at these sites and see if you find
something you like.

But first make sure you see your doctor and demand help with getting that
thyroid down to where it should be. Life will not work right until you
attempt that.

Keep in touch with me off list if you want.Hope this has helped some.
Jana Church' [log in to unmask]