CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jana Church <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Celiac-Diabetes Support List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:35:10 -0300

Hi Ginny

You said....I understand the relationship between celiac and diabetes.  I
have numerous
other autoimmune illnesses.  Does this mean I definitely have Type 1
diabetes?  I have never really gotten an answer about what Type I have from
the doctors.  They have joked about me being a  1 1/2.  I have been on
insulin for over a year (diagnosed 2 years ago).

My 12 year old was found with diabetes when 28 months old. She was still ill
many years until finally we found out she had celiac disease. Now she also
struggles with being learning challenged, gets migraines,cannot handle any
milk products. She is on an in insulin pump and that helps with her being a
brittle diabetic. Now we are trying to find out why she suffers so much pain
through her stomach area. We search and search and are hoping to find the
light at the end of the tunnel soon. I am suggesting they do further testing
to scan her stomach area and see if there is damage there.

I belong to another diabetic celiac list where some wonder about being type
1 type 2 or another like type 1.5. Sounds so weird but everyone seems to
have their own special things that make their lives just different from
others.At least we are not all robots and so not all real boring.( I hope!!!
lol)

I too hope some more folks jump in on this and help challenge us to keep
working our brains harder.
Tender hugs
Jana in Nova Scotia Canada