CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stacey Wolin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:23:03 EST

Thank you for responding to my request for positive experiences with
infusion sets:

* 13 people, all except 4, recommended the Minimed Quickset, 6mm, 23'  with
"inserter that is awesome."  Also called "as kid-friendly as they  get."
* Other recommendations for slender children included the Animas Comfort  Set
(mom stated that the terminology is user friendly for kids who are learning
to change own sites), the Disetronic Tender mini, the Cozmo with Comfort Set,
and the Rapid D.
* Several people mentioned insulin-pumpers.org, on online way to compare
experiences with others pump users
* Finally, back to my original concern with the Minimed Silhouette:   "When I
first saw it, I nearly fainted," said one mom.  No other silhouette  user
reported ever having blood at site.

Thank you all.