CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 13:32:05 -0500

Fran Gillespie wrote:

> Hi all~ the listowner tells me we are 62 strong now..... so PLEASE feel
> free to jump in with conversation at any time!

Good work!

< my dr told me that stress will raise BG's and cholestrol.  Are you
under any new stress? (By the way, he also said that cholestrol goes up
when your blood sugars are not under the best control.  My diabetes dr
agreed)

< I've been told to take chromium pic. (200mg) with each meal.  Does it
work?  Idon't know, to be honest, because my bg's dropped over 100pts
when I went on the celiac diet which is really not so different from the
low carb diet (when you drop off all the non gf stuff).

<everything I've read has said that spelt is definitely a no-no.  Quiona
was a maybe and only rice and corn were ok.

Be well--Ann