CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Daz 'n' Sue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 09:31:21 +1100

Hi All,

Hope you've had a great Chrissy and New Years (recovering....).

Does anyone have a bread recipe without wheat or soy flour in it? I am
not celiac, so I can have other flours, but just have a reaction to
wheat and soy. I have been trying out lots of recipes but so far all the
ones I make turn out really heavy and flat. So far I have tried
combinations of rice flour and protein powder (to lower the carbs a
bit), and also barley flour and the protein powder. Does anyone know if
it would be the protein powder making it flat?

I also have problems with my sugar levels so if it is lower in carbs it
would be great, but if not, I will try it anyway and maybe just not eat
so much!!

Cheers,

Sue P.S Thanks to all who replied to my last post...my computer crashed
and lost my emails so sorry not to have contacted all of you back : )