CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Celiac-Diabetes Support List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:13:24 -0500

I have T-1 diabetes, DH and CD.  I travel to CA regularly as well as go on
cruises.  Numerous times I have eaten Tigers Milk low fat Chocolate Brownies
for snacks or meals.  The ones that are not, "low fat" are classified as
protein bars.  It just says nutrition bar.  After 31 years I take 18 units
of Lantus at night and a shot of Humalog before each meal. (on a sliding
scale) depending on what my bg is. These bars are .44 in Wal-Mart and .88
for a large bar.  If I take food, it's peanut butter and crackers or cheese
or boiled eggs.  We are going on a 10 day cruise out of Charleston on 3 Dec.
and hopefully they will accommodate me like they did last year. I got served
g/f bread and they brought me sugar free ice cream for dessert.

Charles