CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Louis & Angela Hope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Celiac-Diabetes Support List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:25:32 +1000

Lise, those weddings and outside functions can be horrendous.
I too have gone hungry.  Some people in the hospitality industry think that
when you say you are a Coeliac they think immediately that you can't eat
meat.  I say, definitely no, I can eat meat.

My husband and I visited USA Jan 2001 and I went hungry many days and lost
1/2 stone in weight.  Good for the clothes and photos but not when trying to
sleep at night and being hungry.  (This was especially on a Caribbean
Cruise.)  I was very hungry.

Angela