CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Tingle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Tingle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 08:35:45 +0100

My son Daniel - 24years has very bad hay fever. He wanted to have the cortizone injection this year. He tried emailing his diabetic nurses but got no reply. Eventually his doctor said he couldn't have it because it would affect his insulin. He had very bad diabetic neuropathy two years ago where he was put on a small dose of cortizone in the form of tablets so I can't understand why the injection would affect his insulin. He has again had a really bad time with the hay fever and all suggested remedies don't appear to be much help. Would be grateful for comments

Ann Tingle