CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Tingle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Celiac-Diabetes Support List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 21:56:39 +0100

My son is 23, has been diabetic since he was nine(type 1) and was diagnosed celiac 2yrs ago (though probably had it for at least 4yrs prior to that) He also has diabetic peripheral neuropathy and did have symptoms of autonomic neuropathy but has recovered quite a bit from that. I'm interested in knowing peoples experience of how quickly they react to eating gluten. When he reacts it is very severe but we have trouble working out what he may have eaten because we don't know the time it takes for a reaction. Also is being sick a reaction or would this be due to something else? He is very careful with what he eats
Thanks
Ann