CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Diane Donald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:23:47 -0500

Ginny,

If you have a Walmart Superstore near you, find out if they carry Blue
Bunny (made by Wells Dairy) brand yogurt and ice cream. Their yogurt is
WONDERFUL and has only 13 or 14 carbs and is sweetened with Splenda. It
comes in 16 flavors and tastes great. Their chocolate covered vanilla ice
cream bars (called Sweet Freedoms) have only 11 carbs. (unfortunately these
are sweetened with aspertame). They also have fudge bars (also sweetened
with aspertame) that have only 9 carbs and some that I like better that are
chocolate or chocolate/vanilla swirled (Health Smart) and have 14 carbs.

As far as the thyroid problem...I had a similar problem and my sugar was
higher at the time. Can't say for sure if that was the reason, but I
thought it was.

There is a corn pasta out there that is pretty good, but I'm not sure of
the glycemic index. I've sort of given up on pasta for a while until I can
get some weight off.

Hang in there!

Diane in SC