CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Katie Marschilok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 10:51:26 EST

Can't tell from your address where you live...but my now 18 yr old son with
CD and Diabetes has run the gamut from camper to staff at Joslin Diabetes
camp in Charlton Mass.  The sister camp to Joslin is Clara Barton.  Children
go to these 2 camps from all over the country (and beyond) and for 10 years
Joslin has accomodated the GF diet.  I know a family with a 9 or 10 yr old
girl dually diagnosed who is sending their daughter to Barton this summer.
They went to a family support weekend there and had talks with staff etc.
It is not out of question if you are willing to train staff and provide some
of her food.