CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lidia Lipic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lidia Lipic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:50:11 +1100

Hi

I was wondering if anyone takes any vitamin and mineral supplements?  I
was told by my doctor and have since read a lot about diabetes vitamin
and mineral deficiencies.  Tests have revealed I have low level of
chromium and this is one of the most common causes of diabetes.  So now
I take a mineral supplement "chromium picolonate" (a NZ brand
"Thompsons" the Glucose Sugar Manager) which helps to balance my sugars
and makes me better able to tolerate my carbohydrates, before I couldn't
even eat one portion of fruit without getting skin infections.

Have you ever experienced any similar problems?

Lidia
PS. Basmati rice is low GI and I eat this daily,  Have you heard of
this?