CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 18:42:59 -0800

Hi All,
I write in response to Ron Hoggan's post:

>Also, my wife has recently opted for HRT because of a family history of
>cardiovascular disease. We tried to research the issue, and decided, in
>view of her family history, that the HRT was the best course to take.
>We are both a little uneasy about it.

We have been led to believe that hormones are good for us by the sellers of
HRT-the huge pharmaceutical conglomerates. (Snakeoil salesmen on a grand
scale.) Before artificial hormones were developed, in many cases from the
urine from pregnant mares (premarin), what was there? Simply a diet of
meat, fruit, nuts and seeds and vegetables (only). Nothing fabricated or as
Abram Hoffer calls junk food or artificial food in his book, Nutrients To
Age Without Senility-food artifacts! The food supply is giving us heart
disease and unlikely menopausal symptoms, as well as early senility!  This
food supply caused the cardiovascular symptoms in our families....not genes
alone...

My 'female problems' diminished to nil after going gluten free, dairy free
and junk free! I believe it is that simple. We don't need pharmaceutical
drugs. They are the biggest killers and maimers in existance of all
populations of the world!

Please, Ron, tell your wife to let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy
food!

I have a book by a gentleman who cured his own diabetes and rheumatoid
arthritis by eating meat, fruit and vegetables: Neanderthin by Ray Audette.

http://www.sofdesign.com/neander/nmain.html

I hope I'm not alone in saying boycott the pharmaceutical companies and eat
right to live!

Thank you for a great list; too late for my uncle who died of Cel-diab...

All the best,
Susan