CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jackie Jacombs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Celiac-Diabetes Support List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:31:52 +0100

This is very scary, I mean the fact that you can't get enough to eat.  We
didn't go away for a holiday with the children this year as my twins both
have celiac and one has diabetes too they were only DX just before Christmas
last year.  She is not on MDI regimen  and therefore requires certain snacks
and meals on time or a least not too late.  I know that we could have gone
self catering, we usually do, but we also used to enjoy going out for meals
when we are away.   If we were away somewhere we wouldn't just be able to
turn up to a restaurant and start ordering food and you may not always know
in advance where you are going to be.  We actually haven't been out to eat
as a family  (except for Mc Donald's!!!!) as most the places seem to have
pre-prepared food and do not prepare things from scratch.  How do others
manage??

Jackie
England
Mum of Sasha aged 8 dx 1999, twin sister Rebecca, both coeliac 2001
Mum also to Danni and Nicola, wife to Terry

*                   Search the logfiles at                      *
*    http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/CELIAC-DIABETES.html *