CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 20:13:16 -0500

Hi again Cathy,  Here is some more of the info you requested:

Cheese Sticks:  we use the Giant brand or Lucerne (which is safeway)
        Frigo is gf.
        All land O'lakes cheese are gf
        Stella stringcheese is gf.

Micro popcorn:  Jolly Time:  butter, Butter light, natural, natural light.
meijer
Newman's Own
Orville Redenbacher: Butter Flavor, Butter light, Butter no salt, Caramel,
cheddar cheese, Natural, Natural llight, natural no salt, smart pop.
Redn Budders:  regular, herb and garlic, hot air, movie theater, original,
movie theater light, white

gum:
bubble yum: sugarless:  grape, peppermint,regular, strawberry, variety 4
pack
carefree sugarless: peppermint, spearmint, cinnamon, bubblegum - regular and
wild cherry
all dentyne
all trident

soda:
7-up all kinds
Canda dry all kinds
coca cola all kinds (all minute maid products are gf)
crush, crystal light, diet rite, dr. pepper, fresca, fruitopia - all
varieties
mountain dew, mr. pibb, nehi, Pepsi-cola Royal Crown Schweppes, slice,
Snapple, squirt, Sunkist, welch's - all varieties

A good source of info about brand names is CSA/ USA 402-558-0600, which
publishes a "commercial products list" available for purchase for about 8 or
10 dollars.  I'm no longer a member of the group, because I think they are
unnecessarily conservative about defining the gf diet (they tell people not
to eat canola oil, but scientists clearly say there is no gluten in it, for
example), but the products list is very helpful.  Our local support group
(I'm in DC) helped me a lot with product info when i was new to the gf life.

FYI sugar free breathsavers are gf, too.

any other stuff you've been having trouble getting for her?  Lynn