CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deanna Polakowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 21:44:04 -0600

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998 07:23:37 -0500 Kemp Randolph <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

>How are your kidneys doing with the high protein intake? 24 hour
>urinary protein, creatinine, etc.
>
>I challenge any "LC" diabetic to show me medical trials that high
>protein is safe for  diabetic kidneys

I agree with Kemp.  I was eating a "normal" diabetic diet and started
showing protein in my urine.  When I reduced the protein intake on the
advice of the dietition, it no longer had a showing in my urine.  I don't
see how a low carb high protein diet could possibly help a diabetic.  I
eat 7 carb servings a day and my A1C is 6.3. ow many carb servings do
people on low-carb diets eat?  My cholesterol level has been 135 or lower
for the past 10 years.
Deanna