CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reushann Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 22:00:36 -0500

Hi,  I like this bread,  but it is high in carbs,  the carb count can be
figured by dividing the total by how many rolls you make.

  I found a recipe that I like for bread.   I put it in muffin tins
because it is not so crumbly.

I also found that making my own pre-mixed dry ingredients saved alot of
time.

Hamburger Rolls:

1C brown rice flour  108g
2C white rice flour  256g
1 T xanthum gum                                     462 g carb total
1/4 C sugar           50g
1 1/2 t salt
1 1/3 C. dry milk     48g

Mix above dry ingredients in bags and then add to each mix:

1 T yeast
2 eggs
1/4 melted margaring
1 3/4 C warm water
1t apple cider vinegar

mix for approximately 10 minutes ( supposed to allow the xanthum gum to
work)  I dont always go for full 10 minutes.

Put in pan using wet spatula.

Put in warm oven to rise,  when doubled turn oven to 350.  Bake 10-15
minutes until brown on top.

The rolls start getting a bit drier after about 3 days,  microwaving them
for about 30 seconds also helps them from being so crumbly.

Sincerely,
Reushann Cox