Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2014 20:11:59 -0400

So, my GI said nothing outside of GI issues exist for CD.  Yeah, I rolled my eyes, too.  I drove an hour away to talk to another GI who knows that's not true.

In the meantime, work has decided to put me on an "Action Plan" that included some "stretch" things.  Several I never got feedback on before the action plan, some I never heard of before (going on DND 1 time a week to get work done was not acceptable) and some were some mistakes I owned up to, but was set up to fail, whether or not intentional.  I said up front I didn't have time to do it but was told I had time to complete it.  Then, 24 hours before, I was told drop everything, they wanted it now.  As a result, some mistakes were made, but not by me, my coworkers who were told to help me.   But I owned it.  So it's on me.

But going back to my doc visit, she advised she would be fine with the ADA rep from my company contacting her and she could explain things.  Which was awesome of her, since I "broke up" with my GI after his statement.  I've explained that to my bosses and countered every point that was being held against me.

So I have 2 questions for the group.

One is if you've had a similar work experience and how you addressed it?

And second, with me still having symptoms, my new doc recommended going to a wellness center at Duke for help.  Mostly, it's exhaustion, not being able to eat much of anything right now because of stomach pains (food intolerance?) and not much energy.  Before you ask, YES, I know I'm 100% GF.  I think it's something else, like leaky gut or something! So what is your experience and what type of doc has helped you the most?

Thanks, all.  I've been with my company 23 years and always was a top performer, so having limited control of my brain when I get glutened, or when I was detoxing is killing me!!!!