CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
alister air <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 12:25:21 +1000
At 08:56 PM 1/05/2000 -0400, Mumpsimus wrote:

>There are numerous operating systems which compete heartily
>with Windows ... nothing is to prevent a BETTER mousetrap from
>supplanting the entire industry.  You too confuse words, concepts
>and things.

Name one that's pre-loaded by default on intel-based architecture.  Name
one vendor that's pressured OEMs to bundle their browser instead of
another.  Read the Findings of Fact, then get back to me.  If you have not
read the Findings of Fact, and do not, then you've no business even
bothering to waste my time.

>Microsoft is NOT a monopoly in either the operating system (Mac, OS2,
>Linux, Unix, etc) .... the browser market (Netscape, Opera, etc) ... the
>Word Processing/Spreadsheet market (WordPerfect, AmiPro,
>QuattroPro, etc.)

You don't understand computing.  Undocumented APIs (Application Programming
Interfaces) were used by Microsoft to enforce the dominance of their own
software at the direct expense of their competitors.  Once again, read the
Findings of Fact.

You'll note I've not bothered commenting on your pointless attempts at
insult.  You're not worth my time.

Alister