CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chuck Armsbury <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:33:40 -0700
Chuck Armsbury replied:

Lots of people watch The Simpsons in their Colville trailer homes cuz
there's no decent work thanks to decades of overcutting and corporate
robbery. Watching the Simpsons means nothing but time on the couch, not
cuz the Simpsons are funny. Sharon is Bush' thug, puhleeze. E-list
activism doesn't mean that much as it is, and so I recommend to Mr.
Pugliese and other cy-activists that 2 milliion prisoners need a little
more than smug self-righteousness and endless criticism of the sad ol
left. "The left ain't shit" should make everyone a little more somber
cuz the Bushmobile is on a roll. I do agree we all need to get lively.
No one working in grassroots' circles can tell you how much everyone
doing organizing in the Hew Hess Hay Hinterlands needs to be having fun
while we're at re-constructing this falling, imperial giant. Power to
the children!
another Chomskyite in a logging town,
Chuck Armsbury, Sr. Editor
The Razor Wire newspaper